Bubble Light Pro-Tip

A couple of years ago my dad took us to a cute little antique store in a log cabin where we bought a box of vintage bubble lights.  My stash of bubble lights had been dwindling with each passing holiday season.  Christmas 2022 found me without enough for both a full string on the tree and the bubble light candelabra for the front window.  

These days, I have a blend of vintage and modern bubble lights.  I have one bulb that I believe is still original to the set from Grandma Fran.  I have some with glitter inside.  I have an assortment of colors.  The vintage ones are my preference, but become harder to find. 

So when we encountered a strand of bubble lights for $15--complete with their original packaging--in the log cabin we snapped them right up.  RIGHT UP.  The box had the original price tag.  It was $9.99 at the now-closed Bergum Drug.

The back of the packaging mentioned "wire hangers" that were included to help hold the bubble lights upright on the tree.   Bubble lights really do bubble best when they're completely vertical.  This can take a good bit of fussing to achieve.  I was instantly intrigued.  

Of course, the wire hangers weren't still included in the box by the time it arrived in my hands.  But, the seed had been planted!  The wire hangers really looked like paper clips.  Like something I could fashion.

And it was indeed as simple as it seemed!!!  I partially straightened the paper clip and changed the angle of one of the ends and bingo-bango!  It is a Bubble Light Clip!  My dad and Dana even drummed up some green paper clips to blend in with the boughs of the tree.
Can you see the hangers here?  Same for the second photo (above)?  They really do blend in well.  

So that's my bubble light pro tip.  I didn't know I needed it until it fell in my lap, but it made a good thing even better.  If the bubble lights on your tree are a little slanty or wobbly, give it a try!

Ho, ho, ho! Seasons greetings and happy holidays to all of you!

All the photos are from the kick-off for our 2023 Christmas merriment.  We made a daytrip to the mountains and tromped through the snow until we found the perfect tree.  There were birds and berries and the snow was sparkling like diamonds.  We drank hot tea and hot toddies.  There were Christmas carols on the stereo as we decorated the house with some extra joy and light.  It was a delightful start to the season.  12/2/2023

Comments

  1. I love you and your blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww. Thanks, Steph-dear. I appreciate you saying that. I love YOU!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts