We'll Meet It When It Comes - Inspiration Thursday

"No good sittin' worryin' abou' it...What's comin' will come, an' we'll meet it when it does." -  from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected to use Harry Potter quotes on Inspiration Thursday.  But, then again, I didn't really ever expect to read Harry Potter at all.  However, I did finally set to the series and you know what?  I really do enjoy it as much as everyone always told me I would.  I'm just not that into books about dragons, elves, wizards, and such, in general.  Never the less, I am blazing through these Harry Potters.  Or I should say we're blazing through them since Matt and I are having a little book club of two with the series.  J.K. Rowling keeps me guessing to the very end.  I'm quite enjoying it. And as I was reading I came across the above quoted line.  Whoa...this is getting pretty deep here, I thought.  As a person with tendencies toward needless worrying I was pretty taken with this hidden nugget of wisdom, coming from a half-human, half-giant, I might add...  But, seriously, it made me stop and reread it several times.  That's a good thing to remember, I thought.  We'll meet it when it comes.  That's good.
And now everyone can stop giving me that absolutely aghast "You've never read Harry Potter and you work in a library?!?"  I couldn't begin to count how many times that has happened over the years....

Comments

Popular Posts