The Softness of Candlelight

I always miss the long days of summer; the daylight hours gloriously stretching on well past dinnertime,  until the sun finally, almost grudgingly concedes to evening.  The night comes so early this time of year. 
The softness of candlelight is one compensation for me though.  They're a seasonal fixture at our house, an almost exclusively wintertime activity.  It adds a special warmth and light to long and often dreary days.  There is something so soothing about watching dancing flames.
Wrapped up alongside my Christmas cheer has been eager anticipation of the Solstice.  I am pleased to mark this day in the treasured knowledge that we've passed the shortest day of the year.  They're growing steadily longer once again.   Hooray.  I'll raise a glass to that.

Comments

  1. Yes! I really don't light candles in summer and spring - it's a cozy cold weather, dark-night, rainy-day kind of light for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Christmas Beth...candlelight definitely adds to the cozy...
    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm...now I think I shall have to remember this on grey and rainy days, too!! Excellent idea! The flickering flames are sure a delight this time of year though, aren't they?! For many years--after my mom forgot a burning candle overnight-- I didn't "trust" myself to burn candles. I was missing out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts