The Eggplant Burger Extravaganza
I am currently obsessed with these eggplant burgers. I'm averaging two batches a week. Last weekend I ate them twice in one day. I took 'em to a couple barbeques/potlucks. On Monday, I cooked up some eggplant burgers for breakfast! They're on the menu for Matt's birthday campout in Yellowstone. I am... in love with this recipe.
Mmmmmmm... they are seasonally fresh, delicious, packed with fiber and other nutrients, and great for backyard gatherings with my friends. I am so jazzed about this easy and yummy addition to our eggplant recipe repetroire. Right about now in our gardening season we start to be overrun with eggplant. Ohhhhhh, what a wonderful season!
Eggplant Burgers (makes 7 burgers)
1 lb -1.5 lbs eggplant, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cups almonds
1/8 cup each : sunflower seeds, panko breadcrumbs, nooch
1 teaspoon each : lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and Itialian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoons tahini (or peanut butter)
1 C TVP rehydrated in 1 C broth
Toss eggplant in olive oil, roast in airfryer.
Rehydrate the dried TVP in the broth and set aside.
In a food processer, pulse the almonds, sunflower seeds, breadcrumbs, nooch, and seasonings into a fine crumb.
Add the tahini and the rehydrated TVP to the food processor and pulse until well combined.
Form into patties* and cook until well browned. Alternately, they freeze super well for later use.
Our favorite way to cook them is in the airfryer (about 15 minutes), but they worked on the stovetop and grill as well.
*I like to take all of the burger mix and plop it on our kitchen scale. This gives me a baseline number to go off so I can make the burgers all the same size. So, it the whole batch is 685 grams I'll make 7 burgers about 95-100 grams each. I find this very satisfying.
| All photos from September 2026. Beth's protip: Try the eggplant burgers with my quick and easy pickled onions! :) |
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!