Our Thanksgiving Feast

It was quite a good Thanksgiving feast: mashed potatoes and gravy, cornbread stuffing, homemade pickles, Bek's quinoa stuffed peppers, fresh lefsa (Sharon figured out how to make dairy-free lefsa! Huzzah!), sweet corn, unbrie cheese, hummus and flaxseed crackers, soft, white dinner rolls, cranberry sauce, Ryan's awesome tomatillo salsa and chips.   Matt and I had chickpea cutlets, a recipe we've used a number of times from the cookbook Veganomicon, while the rest of the fam had their turkey.  The gals played Bananagrams while the fellas watched football.  We capped it all off with two kinds of homemade pie--gooseberry and apple.

Comments

  1. Holy cow! Looks delish. I had dinner at my BF's grandparents on Thanksgiving Day, then made dinner for my dad (and BF again) the following Sunday. The BF smoked the turkey at his store and I made the sides: mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, stuffing, deviled eggs, cranberry sauce, Hawaiian rolls, chocolate covered pretzels, and Dad brought a pie.

    BTW, I created a new blog (one that my ex doesn't know about). It's always a guessing game, but *fingers crossed* I keep it going. http://makingcentsofitall.net/

    TLC.. formerly ADoseofTLC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TLC,
      So nice to hear from you again. I am so glad your holiday was a merry time with loved ones. And thanks for the link to your new blog! Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. It was indeed a day to be hugely thankful!

    Mom S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Thanks for hosting as always. I am looking forward to Christmas in a big, big way.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts