A Spiced, Cinnamon Glaze

I am the sort of person that will seize on any opportunity to make a cake.  I frequently volunteer it for parties.  I like baking cakes.  I like frosting.  I like eating cakes.  I like birthday candles.  I like sprinkles.  I just like the whole cake shebang.

For my friend Scott's birthday party I baked an applesauce cake, knowing Scott and Kris to be the type of people who would appreciate the local apple element of the recipe.  Instead of a more traditional frosting I decided to pair the spiced applesauce cake with a cinnamon spiced glaze.  It dribbled down the sides beautifully and really completed the cake well.
Cinnamon Spiced Glaze
1/2 C powdered sugar
1/2 t ground cinnamon
2 T margarine, melted
1 T non-dairy milk
1/2 t vanilla or almond extract

Combine all ingredients until smooth.  Pour or drizzle over cake/cupcakes.
It was well received by the birthday boy--and Matt's family who ate the leftovers with dinner and with me, too, of course--and let's face it:  I offer to make cakes because its easy and I love cake.

Comments

  1. Oh yum!! Going to try this one - sounds like a nice warming-type winter cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A seasonally splendid cake indeed! I hope you enjoy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts