Monday, October 10, 2016

Good Eats From the Garden

I found a quote from Matt which I'd scribbled onto a random notepad.  I have no idea when he said it, but I smiled stumbling across it yesterday.
"Gardening is so badass.  I didn't even have to go to the grocery store to eat this good."
Homegrown Italian Night:  Corn, sweet peppers, eggplant, onions, and tomatoes, served with gnocchi made from homegrown potatoes.
Homegrown Thai Night:  Hot and sweet peppers, onion, eggplant, garlic, and Thai basil (served over decidedly store-bought jasmine rice).
I have to agree.  Over and over again.  Which reminds me:  No-Shop November is coming, if you want to stock up on the flour/oil/salt-type staples and join in!  For more info on NSN try here or here.
Man, talking about November already...  What a fast and fun year this has been!  It is hard to believe how quickly the seasons have passed!

4 comments:

  1. Gnocchi from homegrown potatoes! That is the ultimate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make my heart happy, gotta say. Tastebuds, too, of course.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you entirely about the rapidity of the year... so hard to belive! As for no-shop November... I'm intrigued! It may be hard to participate in I think, since I buy most of my Christmas presents before thanksgiving....although I am proud to say that most of my presents are will be homemade this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, what a crazy fast year this has been. Excellent work on the homemade gifts!! Maybe next year on the NSN--and you can always start small. No eating out for November or no food-shopping, which would still allow for Christmas shopping. Customize away, I say, I just think it is interesting to stop and take note of our consumption/consumerism. Awareness is so critical.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!