Me-Made-May(ish) 2017

Yesterday I was digging dandelions and out of nowhere a thought burst into my head:  "It's May 3rd and I'm not doing Me-Made-May!"
Gall dang if that Blogger reconfig didn't trip me up a second time.  So, on top of how surreal it is to me that May is already here I also didn't see Zo's post (because I keep forgetting to check the now fairly hidden Reading List panel) in a timely fashion.
Yeeesh.  Time flies.  My birthday is in two weeks.  Our first tie-dye gig in under a month.   I'm leading my annual group hike in three weeks.  We're so "behind" in the garden we've sorta stopped worrying about it.
But, better late than never, right?  Me-Made-May(ish) it is.
'I, Beth of the blog BLDinMT, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '17. I endeavor to wear a different Me-Made garment each day for the duration of May 2017 and to do at least a little bit of sewing every week.'
My pledge this year is intended to encourage me to revisit all of my Me-Mades--not just the dozen that I adore and wear over and over and over.  Hopefully it will help me fall in love with some garments that are being overlooked or encourage me to cut my losses and donate any that just don't suit me for whatever the reason.  I also want to sew more.  I am a rather sporadic seamstress and consistent practice is really how one makes the best improvements in skill, I think.  I was tempted to say that I should sew a little bit every single day, but that just seemed too ambitious to be attainable--once a week would be improvement enough.  Maybe next year!

Comments

  1. Your flowers are all so pretty...I really enjoyed reading all your poems last month too...

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The tulips are gone now, but the peonies and bleeding hearts are taking up the charge. I just planted a bunch more flower seed yesterday. We've done veg for years, but I'm trying to branch out into flowers.

      Thanks for your comments on the poetry. I sure appreciated it. I actually just revisited the one about my boots. I think it is my favorite.

      Have a great day!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts