Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sunset Splendor Sunday

I had my first cream soda float (you know, as opposed to a root beer float) on Sunday.  It was great.  Super creamy and rich--unsurprisingly, really, since it is called cream soda after all.  We were enjoying a nice evening treat on the patio at Matt folk's house.  A wonderful little ending to a busy weekend of selling tie-dye and gardening.

We were finishing up and fixing to head home as the sun was setting.  And oh, was it a sunset that was a total feast for the eyes.
 We enjoyed it most of our cycle ride home.
When it was over--just as we were approaching the house-- and the sky was transformed to grey-purple twilight I was amazed.  The vivid hues flood the sky with such brilliance and then fade into night.  It all happens so fast.  Its so remarkable, magical, glorious!  What a gift that each day has the possibility of ending with such magnificence.

4 comments:

  1. I guess that's why it's called Big Sky Country. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so amazed! I know you're not a professional photographer but these photos are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margo. I must say though that its much easier to to take great photos when given such beauty as this to try and capture!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!