The Family Song - Inspiration Thursday

On my mother's side we have a what we call The Family Song.  It's true title is Family (Soar With Eagles).  But, we all just call it The Family Song.

My highly musical family sings it together at all sorts of gatherings such as our family reunions, our graduations, our weddings, and our funerals.  It has been with us through our greatest joys and triumphs as a family, as well as our deepest sorrows and pains.  It means so much to me that it is challenging to sing it because of the lump of emotion that rises in my throat when I do.  Even hearing these strangers sing it brings a mist of tears to my eyes.  It is so beautiful and full of meaning for me.  For us.

"This is my family.  They are a part of me.  They make me shine.  There love is mine.  I know that I can be all I expect to be.  I know that I'll be free to fly.  Soar with eagles.

Now every time I sing I will be remembering that laughter rings when someone sings of love.  I know that I can be all I expect to be.  I know that I'll be free to fly.  Soar with eagles.

Let laughter ring!  Let children sing their songs of joy and love!  Songs of love from above.  Songs of love.

There is a world of need.  Full of hunger, full of sadness, full of greed.  But a new light shines.  Its this family of mine.  I know that we can be all we expect to be.  I know that we'll be free to fly.  Soar with eagles."

I've been blessed with an amazing family--both immediate and extended.  They are farmers and teachers, sailors and musicians, parents and cousins, runners and mountain climbers, actors and writers, brothers and sisters, policemen and soldiers, aunts and uncles, bankers and nurses, craftsman and scientists, and so much more.  They are kind and good people who I am blessed to have in my life--even if I don't get to see all of them as much as I might like to.

And they have enriched my life and helped shape me into the woman I am today.  For which I am so eternally grateful.
Flowers transplanted from my grandmother's garden which were gifted to me by my mom.

Comments

  1. What a wonderful, uplifting song. I would like to teach it to my family. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you enjoyed it, too. I LOVE it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts