Shield the Valleys - Inspiration Thursday

"Should you shield the valleys from the windstorms, you would never see the beauty of their canyons." - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
All Photos from Grand Canyon National Park, October 2014.
I stumbled across this quote shortly after our return from the canyon country of the southwest.  I wonder if it would have stuck with me so if I had not just been hiking and contemplating in the quiet, orange stillness of those towering canyon walls.  I find the phrase apt and lovely in both the literal and metaphorical sense.  Oh, so many windstorms we all encounter that shape us into who we are, beautiful and rugged, perfectly imperfect, with a story to tell.

Comments

  1. So beautiful - the quote, the landscape, and of course you two! Thanks for sharing.
    -Jaime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie! It was such an amazing place to experience. I hope you're all well down there! Have a great day!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts