Maple Syrup

Matt's parent's recently went to a family wedding out of state.  Matt and I weren't able to attend.  He sent his mother with a jar of cherry jelly to trade his aunt Verna for a jar of the jelly she produced this year.  When they got back to town Sharon stopped by with not only a lovely jar of current jelly, but a surprise bonus jar of  homemade maple syrup too.  Matt and I had stopped buying maple syrup right about the time we started buying local honey so this was quite a welcome treat to say the least.  Plus, I didn't even know Verna made syrup.  I was pretty darn impressed.

So there seemed like no other option.  We had pancakes for dinner that very evening.  I had forgotten maple tasted so good. 
One jar of jelly for one jar of jelly + maple syrup = best trade ever.

Comments

  1. It was incredible. I never thought there'd be a day when maple syrup could make me so happy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts