Eggplant Daiyasan

I work late one night a week.   Matt always tries to have dinner waiting for me when I get home because it is the one day a week he beats me home from work.  He is a great cook so it is usually something to look forward to.  This week he managed to really out-do himself though. He made a version of Eggplant Parmesan that made my mouth oh-so-happy.  It was the first time I've ever eaten it (as I just this summer discovered the wonder of eggplants) and the first time Matt had made it (though he used to make Chicken Parmesan back when he ate meat).  Thus, there isn't much to compare it to, but I thought it was truly outstanding nonetheless.  He used Daiya cheese instead of Parmesan so I was calling it Eggplant Daiyasan, but Matt thought that was a little to cutesy or something and refused to go along.  The eggplants were local, and the tomato sauce, onions, and garlic came from the home garden.  As soon as I walked in the door my nose told me I was in for something extra-special.
 
 
It was so good in fact that I even ate it in a sandwich for lunch yesterday.  (My sister feigned a gasp when I told her this.)  I, in general, do not eat sandwiches.  For this one though I am willing to make an exception.  It was even more outstanding than when we served the eggplants over pasta.  Yum.

Comments

Popular Posts