Tuscan-Style Pasta with Chickpeas & Zucchini


Tuscan-style Pasta with Chickpeas & Zucchini

2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 small zucchini, sliced into half-moons
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 large tomatoes, chopped (I do mine in the food processor)
1 ½ cups chickpeas, cooked
¼ t red pepper flakes
salt and pepper, to taste
1 lb short pasta, like penne

Heat oil over medium heat.
Add zucchini and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
Add garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except pasta.
Cook for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta.
When both the sauce and the pasta are ready toss them together and serve.

We made this dish recently using some slow-cooked chickpeas.  I don't know for sure if it was because I'd not eaten them in several months or if it was because of the slow-cooking, but I decided right there and then that chickpeas are my favorite bean.  I'd always thought it was kidney beans, but the chickpeas were too good.  Creamy, nutty, awesome.

Comments

Popular Posts