Oh, Garlic Scape Pesto....

...where have you been all my life.  Seriously.  This stuff is so fantastic it is unreal.  SO tasty and pretty, too.  And to think just a handful of years ago I'd never heard of a scape.  And I thought pesto was gross!  Ha!
This is also perfect timing because our basil is not big enough yet to make any pesto with and the pesto we froze from last fall has just run out.  No pesto....that makes me sad...so yay!  Garlic Scape Pesto to the rescue!!
 
Garlic Scape Pesto
2 1/2 cups garlic scapes, chopped, including flowers
1/2 cup unsalted almonds
3/4 cup olive oil

3/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 t black pepper
1/2-3/4 t salt

Process in a food processor until smooth.  This can take several minutes.  
Serve with additional olive oil to toss with if desired.

This is great on pasta, bread, grilled cheese sandwiches, crackers and more.

This recipe makes quite a big batch.  This makes it perfect for freezing.  We use our silicon cupcake pan to make dinner sized pucks of pesto for rainy days where you just don't feel like cooking much.

Comments

  1. This is the second garlic scrape recipe I have seen this week. Until this week I didn't even know what a garlic scrape was. Now I need to go and talk to our garlic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds YUMMY! We will have to try it next Spring when we have scaps available.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts