The Sunflowers

I planted sunflowers this year for the first time.  I've harvested heads from the community garden the last couple years to feed to the birds, but this year I thought we'd give it a go at home--enjoy the pretty flowers ourselves before the birds do.  This was sort of my garden project--most of our garden endeavors are Matt's garden projects.  (Though Matt was the one who did the watering so he can certainly lay claim to the flowers, too.)  I was so impressed with how fast they grew.  And how tall!  I never did get a really good photo of them in their prime though on account of their being knocked over by the storm.  Oh, well.  They were super fun to watch grow.  They also have some nice looking seeds forming which I hope will keep the birds busy (and consequently, me entertained) for a good long while.
6/26/2013
7/14/2013
8/7/2013
8/7/2013
9/9/2013
9/9/2013
9/9/2013
9/9/2013

Comments

Popular Posts