A Simple Woman's Day Book for October 15, 2013

A Simple Woman's Day Book for October 15, 2013

Outside my window... the orange and yellow leaves are cascading off the roof.  It was such a nice, sunny autumn day.  My bicycle ride today was beautiful.

I am thinking.... I am hungry and didn't bring quite enough food with me for my dinner break at work.  I ate it all.  And I wish I had more.  Oh well.  I certainly won't waste away or anything...

I am thankful for... time with my family this past weekend.

From the kitchen... the smells of freshly baking bread sticks and warm vegetable soup greeted me when I returned--hungry and at dinner time--from the sewing retreat.  Bless Matt's heart.

I am wearing...  a long sleeved blue shirt with a tan, wool sweater vest, denim skirt, brown knee socks, and sneakers.

I am creating... the final touches on a new dress and knit dishcloths one after another since mine are worn out and I've had a few occasions for gift giving recently.

I am going... to stay home this weekend.  Yay!

I am reading... A Secret Gift by Ted Gup and The Way of the Happy Woman by Sara Avant Stover.

On my mind... how to tactfully tell someone I care about that I am concerned about their health without hurting feelings, sounding condescending, or pushing them away.

Around the house... the garden is winding down, we bottled some hard cider this morning, there is a mountain of laundry to do, and we started burning candles again.  Their light is so comforting and inviting, especially as it gets dark earlier and earlier.

One of my favorite things... listening to audiobooks in the car.  It helps me stay awake whereas music helps lull me to sleep.  It makes the drive fly by.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Bunco night with my librarian friends, a belated birthday dinner with my great-aunt, and donating blood for the very first time.

A small window into my life...
Summer must be over...we found time to play a game of Risk!
 This format come from the Simple Woman blog.

Comments

  1. Such lovely thoughts! My husband and our ten year old son love Risk!

    Have a happy rest of the week

    San

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you both and I hope you had a grand weekend! And oh, yeah, isn't Risk fun?! We played another game on Sunday. Huzzah for more free time to play games!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like reading about what you've been up to. It's kind of like having a little one-sided visit with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like the consistency of the format because I can look back over them and see how my answers change with the season and time. Its a nice little verbal snap-shot.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts