Carrot Fritters

I like corn fritters and I like apple fritters so when I saw this recipe for carrot fritters I had to copy it down.  We made these to accompany our special December kabob barbeque.  They were tasty, not as much as corn fritters, but still tasty. 
Carrot Fritters
2 Tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 clove garlic, minced
2 "eggs" (I used Ener-G)
3 carrots, grated
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 of a small onion, finely chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
oil, for frying

Combine flour, cumin, garlic, oregano, and onion.
Add eggs.
Mix well.
Squeeze out any excess water/juice from the grated carrots.
Add to other ingredients.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Drop by large spoonfuls into a pan of heated oil.
Fry until golden, about 3-5 minutes on each side.

Comments

Popular Posts