A Simple Woman's Day Book for January 23, 2013


 A Simple Woman's Day Book for January 23, 2013

Outside my window... the bird feeders are empty.  I need to get to it or else my feathered friends will head somewhere else and I won't have their antics to watch as I wash up the dishes.

I am thinking.... I should have worn a long-sleeved shirt today.

I am thankful for... my aunt going just slightly out of her way to pick me up so that I could attend the big family birthday party last weekend.

From the kitchen... there is a bottle of spicy and sweet hot sauce that I just cannot get enough of.

I am wearing...  a patchwork skirt with a black polo shirt.

I am creating... a concert poster to barter with at an upcoming set of concerts.  Trading is awesome.  But, the poster needs work.  It still needs....something.

I am going... to play more folf in 2013.  We did a pitiful amount of folfing in 2012.

I am reading... three books currently.  Prayers at Mealtime, A Sand County Almanac, and Dancing in the Streets: A History of Collective Joy.

On my mind... is garden planning.  Premature though it may be.
Around the house... things are ship-shape which makes me happy.  Laundry and dishes done.  Carpets vacuumed.  Books put away.  I feel calmer and better able to seize the day when everything is neat and tidy.

One of my favorite things... going to concerts with Matt and Adam.  Those brothers know how to get down.  I haven't gotten to get down with the both of them since the summer of 2011.  Long overdue!

A few plans for the rest of the week...call some friends that I've been meaning to catch up with, mail some letters, complete the white cowl I am making for Chelsey, finish filing the tie-dye paperwork from last year, and listen to some bluegrass this weekend at the brewery
A small window into my life...

Hot cocoa just off the stove in vintage cups my mother gave Matt for his birthday last year after a nice long stroll around the neighborhood.
 This format come from the Simple Woman blog.

Comments

Popular Posts