Comfort Food Dinner

I caused a chuckle with a couple of my vegan friends when we had them over for dinner spontaneously on Friday night.  They stopped by to buy a tie-dye and we got to chatting and soon enough Matt was cooking dinner so they stayed on to eat. 

They'd asked what we were having and I said I'd been feeling like some traditional comfort food--mashed potatoes, cornbread stuffing, and fried tofu.  The chuckle came in regarding the fact that we are probably part of a slim minority of folks who could ever use the phrase "traditional comfort food" and "fried tofu" in the same sentence. 

But, they most certainly enjoyed the spread, as did Matt and I.    It is certainly traditional comfort food for me...the meatless equivalent of fried chicken dinner, I suppose.  But, we really should have made gravy, too. 

Comments

  1. This was so delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for spontaneous dinner parties!! Its always so great to hang with you two.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts