Homemade Flour Tortillas

I came home from work and Matt had pulled one of his classic cooking maneuvers.  "I just looked a couple recipes and combined them all and this is what I made."  But, we crossed another thing of our culinary list--making our own flour tortillas.  I will get him to write the recipe in due time, but I am none the less quite pleased.  (and when I do get a real recipe out of him I will most certainly post it.)
We buy locally made tortillas that do not contain hydrogenated oils, but they still come in a plastic bag I have to dispose of and they are not giving them away by any stretch.  They also don't use local or organic flour when making them.  Matt said making these at home was so simple and we both found that they held up quite nicely--didn't crack or break when we folded them up.  He was telling me about how easy they were to make as we ate and ultimately proclaimed:  "Why wouldn't I make my own?!"
So, hooray, one more from-scratch item to grace our tables and nourish our bodies.  Cooking is so empowering.

Comments

  1. I'd LOVE the recipe for these. I bought Scott an expensive tortilla press that we really ought to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be posting it this week! Ooooh, tortilla press....I bet that would make it a total snap!

      Delete
  2. RECIPE! I DEMAND RECIPE!!! RECIPE!!
    (what a strange word)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to spell in wrong all the time. It is a weird word. I will give you the recipe. We made some more this weekend and Matt actually measured things so that we could have an actual recipe! Hooray!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts