Bedroom Rainbow

I have a quartz crystal on every window sill in my house.  I don't know why exactly, that is just where I felt they should go.  In all the portals, to catch the light.  The crystals were a gift to Matt and I from a friend who believes extensively in the mystical and healing attributes of stones.  The quartz lived on the sills at our old house, too.
But they never made rainbows until last week.  Matt and I were still in bed when I spotted the spectrum on the wall.
There are three of them, really, and all are a bit off the standard color spectrum to the eyes of Matt and I.  It isn't just Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet.  The blue is on the end and the violet in the middle.  Or there isn't a blue at all and it is replaced by magenta.  There are usually two bands of green.
Two are wide smears, about as wide as both my hand which I discovered by sticking my hands on the wall under the beam of color.  Every time they appear I feel compelled to stick my hands into the colors.  I think it looks beautiful...my hands all rainbowed, tie-dyed, if you will.  The sun feels nice as it warms my hued fingers.
And it feels rather magical.  Colored light...what an extraordinary gift.  Vibrant colors made by sunlight passing through clear stone.  Isn't this world just incredible?

Comments

  1. I can see the ROY G BIV order is not there. Pretty. Now, I want to place crystals on some of my sills just for the beauty. They photographed beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I really like this I'm mesmerized by the color arrangement. Thanks for the post I haven't been staying as updated on your blog as I used too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts