Strawberry Jalapeno Salsa

This is a uniquely delicious recipe with origins from the ol Good Earth Market days.  It was one of their seasonal offerings from the deli.  

Strawberry Salsa

2 cups chopped strawberries
2 finely chopped, seeded jalapenos
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix gently.  
Serve with tortilla chips.
I rediscovered it last year when our strawberry patch was pumping out berries as fast as we could eat them.  Despite what the GEM called for, I actually prefer it with red onion over white onion in this salsa.  Either way is good though so try both!

I'd forgotten how yummy it was!  Sweet and spicy and simply redolent with the flavors of summer.

Comments

  1. How wonderful to have lots of strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! There's nothing quite like a homegrown berry!

      Delete
    2. I never eat jalapenos, so it's hard to imagine what this tastes like. But, I'll take your word for it! :)

      Delete
    3. Ha! Sounds good, Lisa. Oooooh, jalapenos are probably my favorite of the spicy peppers.

      Delete
  2. Mmm, that looks good though I am a wimp where chillies are concerned 😊. I had to look up ‘redolent’, nice word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Belinda. Yay for unexpected vocab, eh?!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Ohhhhh, so good. I should make another batch tonight....

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts