Bok Choy Kicks Off the Edible Overlap

Yesterday I ate my second helping of garden-fresh bok choy.  It was in a stir-fry lunch that also contained homegrown peppers and carrots from last year's bounty.  It was so great I ate it again for dinner.  :)

Garden panorama.  5/21/2022

We're in the overlap part of the garden-eats year.  We continue utilizing the preserved harvests of the previous year, but now there are fresh additions from this season, too.  It is a sweet spot.  Matt remains convinced that we're never going to use up all the tomato sauce we put up last year.  I keep saying it is a long while yet before it is tomato season here.  We probably should start having tomato soup at least once a week though.  We have a lot more than typical at this juncture.  2021 was a killer tomato year!  

Ginger helping Matt thin the spinach bed.  5/21/2022

I wonder what crop is going to crush it this year....  I hope it is peppers.  And eggplant.  And peas.  Okay, okay.  I hope they all crush it.  :)

Comments

  1. Hi Beth,
    ...your garden is AMAZING...I love bok choy...but we rarely have it as it's pretty expensive at the grocery store...so growing it would definitely be the way to go...
    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts