On my Mind....

I leave this afternoon for a long weekend of sewing and spending time with my mother at her house in Belgrade! 

My mother recently sent me the BHG Sewing book.  Heck, I think that is her old iron, too.  Oh, and the patterns on the right...those came from her too!
My mother is hosting a sewing/quilting retreat for a small group of women.  Since I have been learning to sew she invited me to come along this year.  I am going to make a cloak to match my first skirt.  She has the pattern and the fabric so it is a very frugal project...right up my alley.   I am sure I will learn a whole heck of a lot from these ladies that have been at it much longer than I have been. 

Food, family,  friends, laughter, and crafting...hip, hip hooray!  I have been looking forward to it all week!

Mom's are the best.
An old 2009 photo of my mama and I. the best one I can find readily.  

The On My Mind concept comes from  Rhonda on her Down to Earth blog.  Won't you join in on the fun?!

Comments

  1. what a sweet pic! your mom sounds as generous as mine. She's always giving me stuff & teaching me new things. She sews for me too, so I have not been highly motivated to learn myself! ;)
    Have FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go once a month to a local Sewing Guild, and what those women don't know about sewing isn't worth knowing! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always more fun to learn in a group. Good luck with your project. Such a sweet picture of you and your mama.
    I have laundry on my mind todayhttp://watchingovertheheartandhome.blogspot.com/2011/04/on-my-mind-hanging-out-laundry.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely weekend. Good luck with the sewing. My mum has always sewn too. Wish I'd learned it while at home, but when I did, she was helpful. Mum's can be very useful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you'll have lots of fun and I hope your cloak turns out just right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely way to spend time with your Mum! Have a great time. (Just visiting from "Down To Earth". xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are lucky! My mom passed before I allowed her to teach me to sew. I was a stubborn young cuss. I'd love to see your end product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY STITCHING!!!! I would LOVE to do this with my Mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all sounds like fun. I wish my one daughter would even want to learn to sew...sigh.The other was willing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, we had so much fun and I learned SO, SO much. I will be posting photos when I get a moment after the unpacking and resettling and all.

    I wish I had bothered to learn earlier...like when I lived with my mother, but, oh well, better late than never!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts