Yummy Carrot Cake

Yummy Carrot Cupcake with Honey on top for "frosting."  Mmmmmmm.....

I hosted a party at my house that resulted in me having a large quantity of peeled carrots leftover from the snack tray.  I decided this was the perfect excuse to make carrot cake three times in a week or so.  These are a raisin-less version because Matt has a strong opposition to raisins. 

Yummy Carrot Cupcakes (sans Raisins for Matt)


Ingredients

2/3 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup yogurt (plain or vanilla)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup finely grated carrots

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together sugar, vegetable oil, yogurt, and vanilla. Sift in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices and mix until smooth. Fold in carrots.

3.  I stopped buying cupcake liners a while ago.  The only difference I notice really is that they cupcakes are shorter, but I don't mind that.   Instead I just lightly grease/oil the muffin tin.   If you'd rather use liners, go right ahead. 

4.  Fill the liners 2/3 full. Bake for 26-28 minutes, until a toothpick inserted through the center of one comes out clean.

Comments

  1. Thanks, these sound perfect for the school lunch box! My kid's won't touch raisins either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet they would be lunchbox PERFECT! I hope your kids like them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts