Simple Day Book - April 5, 2011

A Simple Woman's Day Book for April 5, 2011

Outside my window....
is yet another cool, rainy spring day.  It has been much cooler than normal I think.

I am thinking....
that I wish my niece and nephew lived closer so I could be more involved in their lives.

I am thankful for...
my flexibility in both body and mind.

From the learning rooms...
I was able to sit in on a presentation for an environmental philosophy calss about city development and planning.  It contained many interesting photos of Billings--both past and present.  The discussion the students had was quite thoughtful and occasionally downright shocking.  It was neat to be a part of.

From the kitchen...
I enjoyed some leftover homemade pasta, red sauce (second to last jar of our 2010 tomatoes), garlicy kale, and rolls I baked last night that look to me like little treble clefs.

I am wearing...
a denim skirt, blue and white floral print top, tall blue socks, and birks.

I am creating...
order from the chaos that sometimes overtakes my home.

I am going...
to hang with my sister tonight after she gets to town.  We have a dinner date planned at Mongolian Grill and then are going to break all the rules and immediately go swimming at her hotel!

I am reading...
Yamsi still.  It is really good and at the same time slow going.

On my mind...
are all the things I want to do.  There is always too many options for the time permitted.  I want to do it all!  It is so hard to choose sometimes.  Sew, read, cook, bake, clean, run, knit, yoga, flute, draw, embroidery, guitar, mending, tie-dye, garden, write letters, photography, and on and on.

Around the house...
we have a new end table.  We picked it up for $8 at the thrift store.  It has tons of storage underneath.  I really enjoy that it is round.  I must like it an awful lot because Matt says I've commented on it every time I sat down in the living room.  I DO like it, but I think he exaggerates a bit.

One of my favorite things...
is hanging clothes on the line on a sunny day.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
time with my sister, Yonder Mountain String Band concert (yippee!), try to finish the 2010 Year in Photos project before it gets any later into 2011, make an ojo for a gift, more yoga. 

A small window into my life...
Scrabble with Matt, his brother Adam, and Jen.

This format comes from The Simple Woman blog.

Comments

  1. The Simple Daybook makes an interesting posting format-- sort of opens a window onto the many facets of a day!

    BTW, a fascinating coincidence that you mentioned "Peace Is Every Step" in your comment on Running Green. I recently bought the book, and am partially through reading it now! A very powerful read!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts