A Simple Daybook for April 19, 2011

A Simple Woman's Day Book for April 19, 2011

Outside my window....
a surprising batch of fresh spring snow is covering the ground.  I guess we will find out how cold resistant the peas and greens really are!

I am thinking....
that I need to find a non-disposable razor, but am too intimidated by the thought of using a straight razor.  I'll have to go researching....

I am thankful for...
all the moisture.  It is going to be so green this year!

From the learning rooms...
most of the students are growing quite anxious for the semester end.  Or, alternately, they are like me and just shocked that the semester is almost over already!  Yeeesh....where did the time go?

From the kitchen...
comes yummy roasted veggies and gravy.

I am wearing...
an olive jumper linen dress with a long-sleeved wild print shirt underneath, tall, black (Halloween) socks, and birks.

I am creating...
a cloak!  It is all together except the finishing touches!  I look like a wizard queen!

I am going...
to Bozeman for Vegan Earth Day this Friday.

I am reading...
No Impact Man:: The Adventures of a Guilty Liberal Who Attempts to Save the Planet and the Discoveries He Makes About Himself and Our Way of Life in the Process by Colin Beavan.

On my mind...
is saving money for our very own house....I am so weary of renting.  I want a little piece to call my own where I can rip up the lawn and plant a garden and fruit trees.  Where I can paint the walls.  Where I can have a room for crafting.  Where I can have a bigger kitchen.  Where I can have chickens.

Around the house...
we have seedlings who are growing like crazy!  I am so excited for the weather to warm up enough for them to migrate outside.

One of my favorite things...
green bean casserole.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
bake some bread, finish a skirt I'm sewing, practice my flute, go to Bozeman, spend time with Keleigh.

A small window into my life...
I am not allowed pets at my house so visiting my mother has the added bonus of allowing me time to bask in the unconditional love of my kitty friends, like Crimson.

This format comes from The Simple Woman blog.

Comments

Popular Posts