A Simple Woman's Day Book for September 4, 2013

A Simple Woman's Day Book for September 4, 2013

Outside my window...its just delightful.  The sun is shining and the breeze blowing ever so slightly.  I spent my lunch break reading outside!
I am thinking.... that if I won the lottery or something I would pay someone to read to me whenever I wanted.  It would be like my own personal, live-action audiobook.  I think I'd like that.  "A little slower please."  "Could you read me that last paragraph again?"  And so on.
I am thankful for... my dad.  He's awesome.  I love him so much.

From the kitchen... comes the sounds, smells, tastes, and clutter of canning season.   Beer brewing equipment only adds to the array of items covering the counter.   But, that's what happens in a DIY kitchen, I guess.

I am wearing... a long grey-black dress with a black t-shirt underneath, sandals, and a sweater.   Layering is required since the library is kept so darn cold and the outside has been blazing hot.

I am creating... a new dress in a plain black fabric this time, bandanas for Matt to tie-dye, and a concert poster for a show we're going to later this month.

I am going... to enjoy the slow pace of winter so much.  Maybe not the cold part, but I am certain the not-having-something-to-do every weekend will be a much appreciated season.  I don't want it to hurry to get here or anything, but I am keeping it in the back of mind as a tonic for my slightly-over-extended summer self.

I am reading... Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition by T. Collin Campbell, The Postmoral by Drew Magary, and The Way of the Happy Woman: Living the Best Year of Your Life by Sara Avant Stover

On my mind... formulating a plan to treat my chronic arthritis pain with diet and exercise.

Around the house... there is so much to do.  Being home for the first weekend in months really helped.  Its amazing how much I can get done around the house in a weekend...when I actually stay home, that is!!

One of my favorite things... listening to and attempting to identify the backyard birds before I even get out of bed.

A few plans for the rest of the week...organize the kitchen cupboards (we inherited some new glasses and silverware that still need worked in), can up apple pie filling and more applesauce, brew another batch of beer, go to a minor league baseball game, sell tie-dye!

A small window into my life...
Playing yard games in the park with Alli at our class reunion in early August.

 This format come from the Simple Woman blog.

Comments

Popular Posts