The Simple Cats' Daybook

Outside my window...
Ginger: ...it is still cold.  Will it ever stop being cold?  I mean, I tried to go outside last week, but it just isn't the same as summer.  The snow might be mostly gone, but the compost pile isn't a warm, cushy bed!  The voles are hiding out underground!  And Matt and Beth almost never hang out in the backyard.  I can't wait for green grass and puddles and soft dirt.
Johnny:  ...its not so bad.  You're just a wimp, Ginger.  I go outside almost every day.  It is true there is more going on out there in the summer, but I still like taking a stroll in the fresh air.


I am thinking...
Ginger:  ...Johnny gets all the good stuff.  She gets extra treats 'cause she eats so fast.  She gets to go out into the forbidden front yard.  She has totally commandeered my favorite place to sleep.  It is not fair.
Johnny: ...that I can tell Ginger is their favorite.  Matt and Beth pet her first in the morning, well, I mean, after I go in and wake them up, that is.  She gets to go out into the back yard and I've never even seen back there.  Her food bowl is bigger.  I don't care what they say about the scoop of food being the same size.  It is not fair.


I am thankful for...
Ginger:  ...sunbeams to nap in.  I like it hot, the hotter the better...so hot that Beth comments on it when she touches me.  A sunbeam in front of a heat vent, oh, man....it doesn't get much better than that!
Johnny:  ...that ball on a string--and Matt who knows just the right way to play with it.  He is the only one who gets it.  The way everyone else plays is boring.


From the kitchen...
Ginger: ...did someone say "kitchen?!"  The treat cupboard is in the kitchen.  I like the treat cupboard.  Because of this if I happen to see anyone in the vicinity of the kitchen I go check it out.  More often than not I get treats.  I use my sweetest meow and they can't resist me.
Johnny:  ...come the sounds of my toenails tap-tap-tapping on the linoleum.  It makes me feel loud.  On the carpet I am silent, as God intended, but I tap-tap-tap across the kitchen floor.  And, while we're on the subject... I, too, am a pretty big fan of that treat cupboard.  I mean, I wouldn't have mentioned it, but since it came up.

I am wearing...
Ginger: ...a collar that Beth made.  I can't really see it, but I know it is there.  She keeps showing it off to everyone.  I could really care less about it, but it seems to make her happy.  So...whatever.
Johnny:  ...my hep-cat bandana.  All the hep-cats wear tie-dye, am I right?


I am creating...
Ginger: ...my own private clubhouse, of sorts.  See, 
there are these clothes forts that I've realized are rather awesome.  Beth and Matt put them in front of the heat vents and it makes for the best place to hang out.  Dark, warm, secluded.  Plus, I can stalk Johnny and strings and stuff from in there an no one even knows.
Johnny: ...a mess of the carpet.  Or that is what I've heard anyways.  Now Beth and Matt say I've taught Ginger my bad habits, too.  I say, if cats weren't meant to do claw work on carpet they wouldn't cover scratching posts with it.  I mean, it seems pretty obvious to me.


I am going...
Ginger: ...to figure out a way to dismantle that damn doorbell.  I hate it.  It scares the bajebbers out of me.
Johnny: ...to make Ginger my best buddy yet.  She still tries to play it cool most of the time, but I can tell.  I've grown on her.  She hardly ever gives me the left hook for no reason.  Sure took her long enough!  I mean, come on....I'm playful and nice!  What's not to like?!


On my mind...
Ginger: ...why soymilk tastes bad unless it is out of the bottom of a cereal bowl.  I guess it must be the sweetness.  I like cereal milk.  I had some this morning.
Johnny: ...human sleep schedules.  They do it weird.  I think many short naps scattered over the day is far superior to one long sleep.  Plus, they miss the nighttime and night is awesome.  I wake them up to play sometimes--trying to show them what they're missing--but they're not really into it.  I can tell.


Around the house....
Ginger: ...there have been so many people.  I was starting to think they'd never leave and let me get back to my peace and quiet.  They finally did though, thank heavens.
Johnny: ...I recently discovered that if I stand on Beth's pillow I can eat leaves off the spider plant that hangs in there.  It is pretty tasty.


One of my favorite things...
Ginger: ... wet cat food.  I would eat it every single day if the humans would allow it.  I can't even pretend to be aloof when I hear that can crack open.  I just lose my mind.  I can't help myself.  It is so yummy.
Johnny:  ...that would have to be Matt.  Wait.  Does Matt count as 'a thing?'  I'm rollin' with it.  He's my favorite.


A few plans for the rest of the week...
Ginger: ...nap, chase Johnny around, work on the puzzle with Beth, nap.
Johnny: ...nap, attack the crap out of our scratching post, sit in a box, nap.


A small window into my life...
One of the first mutual interests we discovered was our enjoyment of sunbeam naps.
This format comes from the Simple Woman blog.  
And I am officially a crazy cat lady, but I think everyone knew that already.

Comments

  1. So cute and funny...

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's them!! Cute and funny. Gosh we have a good thing going. Thanks! I hope you're having a lovely day as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts