Back to the Gym

Yesterday I went back to my campus gym for the first time since it closed up back in March of last year.  The gym officially re-opened a month ago, but between vacations and the craze of starting a new school year I hadn't been able to get over there.  It isn't fancy, but it is my gym.  I have my "gym buddies" and my "favorite elliptical" and so on.  The college actually pays me to work out there up to three hours per week which I think is a really cool benefit.  

It felt good to be back after so long.  I'd really missed it.  Working out at home has been fine, but...its not the same, at least for me.  I could have just signed up for another gym, but...I'm really comfortable at my gym.  It suits me.  I know how it works and what I like.  Plus, I really didn't figure it would be closed for so darn long.  I kept waiting and waiting and waiting...that's true of so many things, I suppose, not just the gym.

First day back, I forgot a towel...which I didn't realize until I was heading into the shower after a vigorous core class.  I did remember my locker combination and, after 18 months, I was pretty impressed with that.  I couldn't believe how dusty the inside of my locker had gotten while I was away.  

The perfect circles in the dust were where my shampoo and body wash had been sitting as the dust gathered around them.  

Next week I am going to hit the pool.  Hooray!

Comments

  1. Hi Beth,
    ...I've not gone back to the gym...and I've even started ordering my groceries on InstaCart again as number of Covid cases are on the rise here...it's so crazy...good for you though...and that dust ring is so funny...it definitely shows the passage of time...
    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm keeping my eye on the COVID numbers here, especially since I don't wear a mask while huffing and puffing on the elliptical. They're getting bad here again, too. Fortunately, the campus gym is so sparsely used I'm okay with it for now. I'm hoping that lasts, but I can always switch back to working out at home again if needed. That's half the reason I feel so comfortable at this particular gym though (both pre-COVID as well as now). Social distancing is not a problem. It is sorta built in. :)

    I hope you stay safe down there. Crazy times!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts