The Hurry - Inspiration Thursday

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."   -Lao Tzu
Grand Prismatic Spring at Yellowstone National Park 7/6/2013.
I am in that season of crazed activity which seems to build with a frenzy each summer.  Camping, selling tie-dye, planting, weeding, watering, harvesting, concerts, foraging, family gatherings and visits, my class reunion,  community garden projects, sewing, putting up produce, a vacation or two or three, all on top of  the other day-to-day household items and work that don't cease no matter how full my days become with all the other things.

I think I am taking the whirl of it all in better stride than I have in the past.  I used to get all worked up about all the things to do and was plagued by the feeling of never having enough time to do it all.  I'd end up in tears about it.  I must have had some sort of peace fall into my heart about it this year.  Or I am planning my time better.  Now I feel that it will all get done to the very best of my ability and that is good enough.

So while I am succeeding in not getting stressed  I saw this quote which I thought might be a good reminder for me when I am worn out and crabby but still have sisters to play games with, a good book calling my name, and cherries to pit.  It will all get done and there is no need to hurry any of it.  It will take the time it will take and that is all there is to it.

Comments

  1. I work on the basis that I have enough time to do what I need to do. And sometimes I need to put my feet up and read a book in the sunshine. Then so be it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes that is exactly what a person needs! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts