A Simple Woman's Day Book for July 24, 2012


Outside my window...it is just slightly overcast.  I hope the sun doesn't burn it off before I walk home from work.  Its amazing how much cooler cloud cover makes things.

I am thinking.... food.  I need to plan a dinner menu and canning agenda pronto if I have any hopes of saying ahead of the seasonal produce.

I am thankful for... Matt.  He's so great.

From the kitchen...that delightful and familiar smell of fresh baked bread and flax seed crackers!

I am wearing...a vintage patchwork skirt, black polo shirt, and birkenstocks.

I am creating...my first dress, my first socks, and a dish cloth.

I am going... camping with my mother soon.

I am reading... Wife No. 19 by Anne Eliza Young and The Langoliers by Stephen King.  I have diverse reading interests I guess you could say.

On my mind... my dreadful summer cold.  This is the second summer cold I’ve gotten this year.  Since I rarely get sick I find this most unpleasant and annoying.  This second one is a real doosey, too. 

Around the house...everything is neat and tidy and coming along nicely.  We really, really like our new house.  It is so perfect for us.

One of my favorite things...the bright lemon colored yellow warblers that sing and flit around the yard to my delight.  They were not common backyard birds at our rental house across town.

A few plans for the rest of the week... hopefully catch a baseball game with my dad, harvest basil and make pesto, plant a few last things in the summer garden, and lay in my hammock and rest.

A small window into my life...
The boys checking out their father's garden during Adam's recent visit.  They are all green thumbs.
 This format come from the Simple Woman blog.

Comments

  1. Well done for attempting a dress! Would love to see a photo when it's done. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, believe you me that I will most certainly be displaying the dress with pride...whenever I happen to get it finished....which might be like a year from now! And thanks. Sometime I am perhaps a bit overconfident in my skill and jump right in to project that might be a bit out of reach....but I figure what better way to get there!

      It is lovely fabric my mother gifted me and has patch-type pockets on the front which greatly appealed to me.

      Delete
  2. Good format. I'll try to borrow the style a bit for a future post (Simple Man's Daybook?). Nice to get in touch with the big picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see what you're up to, I've been out of the loop for a few months.

    BTW, I'm back to blogging. I'll check in from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts