A Ginger By Any Other Name

When Ginger was at the shelter she was called Goldie.  When Bill adopted her she was upgraded to Ginger.  She is totally a Ginger.
Never the less, I recently realized that I call her an awful lot of different things.  When I talk about her I usually stick with Ginger, but when I talk to her, not so much.  She has a lot of nicknames.  On any given day I run through a plentiful list of endearments for my kitty friend.
She is my...
    Ginger
    Ginger-kitty
    Gingy-poo
    Ginger Poo
    Ginger-baby
    Ginge
    The Ginga-ninja
    Princess
    Cupcake
    Pork Chop
    Chunkalunk
    Tubby
    Baby
    Roomie
    Kitchen Helper
    Good Kitty
    Ginger-pants
    Bossy-pants
    B**ch-kitty
    Sweet Pea
    Sweetheart
    Sweetie
    Sweetie Pie
    Honey Pie
    Sweet Potato Pie
    Sugar Dumpling
    Girlfriend
    Angel-baby
    Angel Pie
    Cuddle Buddy
    Honey-kitten
    Muddy Paws
    Bloody Paws
    The Fierce Hunter
    Ginger Muddy Paws Bloody Paws McGillicuty McGruff McGraw, III
That final item on the list is what Matt deems her "full name."  I can explain the Muddy Paws (padding around in the garden) and Bloody Paws (killing voles in the compost pile) bit, but I have no idea where the McLastName series came from, nor why she is "the third."  For obvious reasons this name isn't used a lot and mostly in the summer (and almost exclusively by Matt).
A Ginger by any other name is just as sweet.  Even when she is being little miss bossy-pants.  ;)

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts