Me-Made May: An Unexpected Resolution

I found a resolution of the month when I wasn't even trying.  I even already had my May resolution all lined up.  But then I learned about an annual challenge which centers around wearing clothing made at home:  Me-Made May.  How cool is that?!  For a woman, like myself, who dreams that someday all the clothes in her closet will be homemade it was a match made in heaven.  When I am sewing, I'd bet that nine times out of ten it is clothes that I am making.

So, I made my pledge, albeit to days late since I only learned of this challenge today.  Here goes:

I, Beth from BLD-in-MT, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '14.  I endeavor to wear a one-of-a-kind, homemade garment (including me-made or refashioned, mom-made, friend-made, etc.) each day for the duration of May 2014.  

As luck would have it, I am wearing a homemade dress today--though not one I made.  Its a "new" wrap-around style dress which I just got from my friend Rindy.  I really like it in style and color.  And now that I've figured out how to knock-off dress patterns my mind is scheming about this seeminly simple dress and what I could do with it.
For more info on Me-Made May check out this article and the links contained therein.  I think this is going to be fun and challenging.  I hope I haven't overestimated the number of my growing collection of homemade garments!  We'll find out, I guess.

Comments

  1. This sounds like a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been really fun! Plus, I've come to realize that I actually own quite a lot of homemade garments. Which makes me happy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts