This comes up because I made myself a new wallet just months after declaring the black one had finally "been put to use as intended."
It turns out, Matt was right all along. The DSO wallet IS too big. While it was okay in my bag, it didn't slip easily into my jacket pockets.
Plus, it isn't bright and pretty. I don't care if it is practical (tea stains) I just didn't love it. In a bit of subconscious planned obsolescence I selected stupidly light colored fabric for the bulk of the wallet though. ...so it will be tea stained and grubby here in about twenty minutes. 😏 Dummy...
- January 2015 - I make my first wallet.
- Summer 2016 - Using the same pattern I make a butch new wallet for Matt which ended up too large, but he thought he could work with it.
- September 2016 - He ditches the big DSO wallet for a slim one my dad gave him.
- Fall 2017 - The slim wallet wears out and I make Matt a new orange one.
- October 2018 - I buy Matt a locally--but professionally--made wallet since the card slots on the orange one had stretched out.
- Winter 2018 - I adopt the DSO wallet when mine wore out. Hannah adopts my trashed old wallet.
- February 2019 - I make Hannah a fun, bright wallet and immediately start wanting to make one for myself.
- March 2019 - I decide the DSO wallet is too big and boring after all and make myself a new wallet altogether.