Blast From the Past: Eggplant Burgers

I was weeding through some photos and found these.  Oh, man, just looking at them made me want to eat an eggplant burger right NOW!  I suppose I am past the end of the eggplant season....I don't think I saw any at the co-op last time I was there....the bushel of local eggplants had to run out sooner of later, I guess.

So, on a crisp autumn evening I shall reminisce about awesome summer barbeques.
 

Eggplant Burgers
Slice up the eggplant into rings, about 1/4 - 1/2 inches thick. 
Take each slice and dredge in egg replacer (we use Ener-G).
Dip in nutritional yeast until well coated.  (I suppose you could use a more traditional breading, but nooch is just the best!) 
Fry up in a skillet until golden brown.   
Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve.
Ah, look at that big green garden....it is so empty now!
They can also be served without the bun and they are still just a super.

Comments

Popular Posts