*Poof* Short Beard

Matt chopped off his beard again last night.  He had last cut it in early July 2012.  It had gotten huge.  Apparently so huge it was starting to get in his way--say, reading in bed, zipping his coat, that sort of thing.   Its an amazing thing, his beard.  Its thick and curly and grows out as well as down so that it is not only long, but wide and thick as well.  Its truly remarkable.
But, remarkable or not off it went.  His head looks so small right afterwards and I always think he looks so strange at first.  But, it doesn't take too long to get used to it.
I liked his long beard, but I don't have to live with it on my face.  So, I am happy with whatever makes him happy.  I like his short beard, too.  I just, in general, like facial hair.
I have made it no secret that I wish he'd shave off that mustache though.  But, he won't.  I've tried.  He says he hates shaving (that's why he grows a beard) and that he'll look like a Hutterite (a communal, Christian community in our area) which he is not.  I personally think of the stache-less beard more as "The Abe Lincoln," myself.   But, oh well, its his face.  And I like it just fine, mustache and all.

Comments

  1. I like the shorter beard best - the longer beard looks scary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Matt!

    Beth, I am drinking loads of water with only the occasional drink of tea! Feeling pretty good and finding myself craving the stuff throughout the day!

    San x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good! And thanks for the update on it. Its going pretty well here, too. I am certainly drinking more water and am feeling great. I do miss a glass of wine with friends over dinner (like last night), but I'm sticking with it for the month.

      Delete
  3. Its been well received across the board. It has been really interesting to see how many people don't notice though! I guess that just means it looks natural.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I wasn't expecting that! Looks good though, nice for a change of pace. Enjoy the comfort of more average-length facial hair for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly enough I think he finds the short beard decidedly UNcomfortable. More respectable looking in the western world for sure, but not more comfortable. His wiry, curly hairs turn back as they grow and irritate his face. He has some rather angry red skin. I guess this sensitive skin issue is part of the reason he hates to shave. It does look nice short, but I did like it better long...though from the above comments I feel I am in the minority there.

      Delete
  5. It looks so nice! I'm a beard enthusiast either way, and Matt rocks them both- but the short beard makes him look so dapper! To me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I was just talking about you last night! (Meagan was over.) Yes, as long as he HAS a beard that is all I really care about. I am, as you say, certainly a bead enthusiast. You've been known to rock a pretty dapper beard yourself. I hope you're well. Have a great day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts