Jalapeno Corn Fritters

Two things are coming ripe in the garden, jalapenos at the home garden and corn at the community garden.  So we've had jalapeno corn fritters a few times with dinner this week.   Yum.
I first made corn fritters for a school project where I had to make a recipe at home.  My mom and I fried fritters in her electric skillet.  I think it had something to do with exploring the foods of other cultures, but I really cannot recall the details of the assignment.  All that stands out in my mind is how much I liked them.  (But, what isn't delicious when fried I ask you!?)  Matt had never had fritters until I made them for him years back.  These little gems are crispy on the outside and soft, doughy goodness on the inside.  They can be made without the jalapenos, but are a touch sweeter without the savory, spiciness of the pepper.   Either way I think they are fabulous.
Jalapeno Corn Fritters
2 cups corn
2 T milk
1 t baking powder
1T applesauce
1/4-1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1-1 1/4 C flour
 egg replacer for 3 eggs 
1-2 jalapenos, diced and with seeds
oil for frying

Pulse corn in food processor until it is half crushed, half whole corn.  Combine along with all other ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.  

Drop large globs into heated oil and fry over medium heat until nice and golden.

Comments

  1. They look good. They sound good. But, I am too ill to cook and no one has volunteered to make these for me...whine....whine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love fritters here on CTF, I usually make corn and sweet chilli, with a bit of grated ginger. The applesauce in your recipe sounds interesting, will give it a go. Thanks for sharing!
    Best wishes Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  3. You eat like a King and Queen! ¡Que Delicioso!‏ (the HS Spanish came out!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling and eating better Linda!

    Bridget - I bet fresh ginger would be delightful in a fritter. But, then again, what isn't it delightful in?

    I sure feel like I eat like a queen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts