Roast Veggies with Pasta

I made a new dish for dinner this week that I was super pleased with.  It was quite simple, but quite flavorful and just a little bit spicy. 
This photo in no way does this dish justice.
Roast Veggies with Pasta
1 small yellow onion
1 large red bell pepper
1 1/2 cups cooked pinto/kidney beans
1/2 butternut squash  (I think it ended up being about 1 1/2 cups)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic granules
1 teaspoon Italian herbs
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
olive oil, enough to coat veggies

Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
Cut onions and peppers into generous bite-sized pieces. 
Cube the squash in slightly smaller bite-sized pieces. 
Add veggies to a large baking dish. 
Add oil enough to coat all the vegetables. 
Sprinkle spices over top and stir until the spices are evenly distributed.
Bake until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
While the veg are roasting start pasta cooking.
After the pasta is cooked and vegetables are tender toss them together and serve!

Comments

  1. That looks good - may try it out for dinner tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very nice, I'm sure even more so if you are eating fresh produce you grew yourself. I love that spoon by the way... wish we had gotten something from that guy last summer; everything he had was awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have to let me know if you try it.

    Everything really does taste better grown yourself. Can't beat that freshness. As to the spoon....I shall have to remember that for some future gift-giving occasion!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts