Seattle


Raindrops collecting on the bare branches of a small tree.  It is so astonishingly wet out there on the coast.  Every time I visit I am blown away by it (you know, being from arid Montana and all).  Moss grows on fence posts and shingles.  Basements are non-existent.  Mushrooms pop up everywhere.  I saw ones that were easily 6 inches tall.  And I find it almost miserably cold.  Its a coldness that sinks into your bones with the damp.  Even though it was a warmer temperature than in Montana when I left I still thought that it felt colder because of the damp.  In Montana 50 degrees is t-shirt weather.  In Seattle is is scarf and coat weather.  It is so interesting to me.  What a world!

Eli doing his math homework.  He's such a big boy now!  And he even likes math.  : )

Lisa looking over our completed Scrabble board.  We played quite a good number of games. 

Monsters?  Who knows!

Playing Uno with Kenya, Eli, and Lisa (who is only visible as a hand!)

Did you know the ability to touch your nose with your tongue is genetic?  Or at least that is my theory based on these two.  I cannot do this no matter how I try.  Hmmmm....I wonder if one of my parents can.  Lisa had to get it from somewhere following my theory.

The view of the sound as you crest the hill by Lisa's house.  She tells me on clear days it is breathtakingly beautiful because their are snow capped mountains over the water.  Of course, I never got a clear day during my visit so I just have to take her word for it. 

The church Lisa goes to has great stained glass windows.  She has a really cool pastor, too.  But, maybe I was particularly fond of him because he had an Irish accent as did my childhood priest whom I always admired and respected. 

Linzie and me at Chaco Canyon Organic Cafe--a 100% vegan, 90%+ organic restaurant.  Weird side story:  This restaurant also has an emphasis on raw foods.  I saw a man eating a sandwich of raw vegetables on raw bread.  Yes, raw bread.  I'd never seen anything quite like it before.  Now, obviously to each their own and many people recoil in horror at the thought of vegan food, too, but raw bread looks like eating a Play-doh sandwich.  It looked like pretend bread.  But, hey, I like to see and learn about new things and that was certainly new to me.

Comments

  1. Can eli do that other cool lisa trick where she looks straight ahead with one eye and off to the side with the other?

    Also I always love a good Fr. Ned memory. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if he can or not. I'll have to ask him next time.

      For me Father Ned is THE quintessential kindly priest--with brogue. Nothing can top it.

      Delete
  2. I think your theory is right about the tongue. I can roll mine, curl both sides up and spread it out like a big platypus bill. So could my father. But my mother couldn't wink one eye only and I can. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really curious as to what it looks like when you do the platypus tongue. I've never seen that I don't think! Isn't it so interesting all the different things bodies can do!?!?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts