Inspiration Thursday - Happy Talk

A couple of the students who work for me are involved in a local production of the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical South Pacific.  Matt and I both enjoy musicals and neither of us have seen this one so we are planning to attend later on this month.  As a matter of sheer coincidence I stumbled upon a copy of the original Broadway cast recording on record in the library's book sale last week.  Its seemed fortuitous.  So, I took it home and we've been getting a little preview of the music.  Its very good.  There is a line from the song "Happy Talk," that keep getting stuck in my head.  It is not only a catchy melody, but I think a very, very good sentiment, too.

"You've got to have a dream.  If you don't have a dream, how you going to have a dream come true?"

I am certainly a dreamer so this lyric really appeals to me in its truth and wisdom.  You gotta dream!  And dream big, I say.  I dream of so many things (seeing the grand canyon, having a self-sufficient garden, working from home, learning German, publishing a book, curing my arthritis, making all my own clothes, learning to play lead guitar, camping in the Yellowstone backcountry, etc).  Maybe I won't get to all of them in this short length of time I've been given.  Maybe my dreams will change along the way.  But, where would I be without them to strive for?

Comments

Popular Posts