Eating Out(side)

Matt and I rarely "eat out" in the usual understanding of that phrase.  But we do eat outside a lot which I refer to in my head with the same terminology.  "Eating out."  Taken in this sense we really enjoy eating out quite a bit.
And now we even have a real picnic table to eat at--no more lugging the folding table from the tie-dye workshop upstairs and outside.    Matt's parents gave it to us.  Its awesome.
There is just something incredible about enjoying a meal with the big blue sky overhead, birds singing in the trees, maybe a gentle breeze or the warmth of sunshine on my skin, looking over the garden where our happy plants grow and provide us with wonderful things for our table.  It make the already pleasurable experience of a home-cooked meal even more pleasurable.
Hooray for having a patio AND a picnic table.  I am so pleased already with both.  Eating out just got even better than it already was.

Comments

  1. Lovely! That's so nice to be given the table.
    Yes we frequently eat outdoors too, weather permitting. Last summer we purchased a pop-up gazebo to give us the necessary shade - our previous patio umbrella had broken, plus was not quite big enough to give us full shade - and the sun can burn us in a very short time here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was VERY nice of Matt's folks to bestow us with the table. We're enjoying the heck out of it already. I could see shade being a nice addition! Especially with your warm climate!

      Delete
  2. I like the owl (pitcher?), and the IPA (and of course the food looks great, too!). Eating outside is so much more interesting than eating in the same place every day of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS more interesting!! I'd not really thought of it like that specifically, but yeah, totally more interesting. Chickadees never come perch near the dining room table!! Bees never buzz the flowers on the dining room table!

      Matt is a big fan of IPAs. I, myself, am hit or miss on it. But, we do completely love our local breweries. Breweries in Montana are an exploding business sector. And I don't mind have so many small, local businesses to support!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful! These are sweet photos. I love that owl pitcher and the placemats. We don't have a real picnic table because our back yard is rather mosquito-y. And often, too, I'm just not keen on taking the extra effort to cart the food and settings beyond the dining room. But I love your definition of "eating out" so that's inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margo. :)

      The owl pitcher was a gift from Matt's brother. Since its just Matt and I it works perfect for a water pitcher at dinner time. Its a well known fact that I will love just about anything with a bird on it--an owl is an even better guarantee. Mushrooms (like the placemats) and owls...people know what I like when it comes to decor! Fortunately, this screams of dated fashion sense and is found readily on the cheap at the thrift shop!

      Mosquitoes would make eating out MUCH less enjoyable! I guess I am lucky there....hadn't really thought about that!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts