Backyard Picnics

We've eaten dinner outside the last two nights now.  For me this is another milestone in the changing of the seasons from winter to spring and summer.  Its a wonderful time of year and we tend to eat outdoors quite a bit if the weather is agreeable enjoying the birds and the clouds and the view of our ever-growing garden.  
It was extra pleasing to me when I noticed my backyard picnic set-up includes a good number of old family items--a black tray with roses painted on it which belonged to my great-grandmother, a picnic blanket made by my grandmother, a green glass that is the last of its kind from my parent's wedding China, a bird shaped water pitcher that was a gift from Adam, cloth napkins sewn by Matt's mother.  I adore these simple things that make life all that much sentimental and unique.
I also enjoy that asparagus is in season again and thus cheap and plentiful at the store.  Hooray!

Comments

  1. Oh I so miss being able to plop a quilt or blanket down and simply enjoy a picnic. You can't do that here as the fire-ants would invade and eat you alive. And their stings are not something I'd wish on even my most hated enemy... if I had one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)
      Fire ants are a pleasure I've never had....and it sounds like I am not missing a thing!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts